Monday, January 10, 2011

ICA

This gallery was manageable and that is what I loved about it. I was able to see every piece and take it all in. I didn't want to breeze over anything because it was all so different, there was a wide range of mediums. The Kristian de la Riva animation was unbelievably disturbing and distracted me at first from the rest of the room. Sam Knowles Field which was gouache and graphite on 98 found book pages was interesting. Even though the subject matte was all stars and constellations they were visually very different, but formed a cohesive piece. I was amazed at Agata Madejska's c type prints of buildings on aluminum. The prints were ghostlike but the detailed remained. The huge linocut by Claas Hutsche was impressive, such labor intensive pieces like that always blow my mind. I feel like the videos weren't that strong. Being able to hear the video next door was extremely distracting and interrupted the flow of the one I was watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment