Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Gallery at OXO "the art of the album" (Gallery 3)

I was sooo stoked for this gallery! I saw it on one of the first days we were exploring London and I knew I wanted to check it out when we had free time. The gallery was kind of small but it was such a great space. The exhibition was all album art and included that of musical artists Spoon, The Verve, Peter Gabriel, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Oasis, Led Zeppelin, and Louis Armstrong. Album art is something that I have always been greatly interested in and hope to become involved with someday (soon). It would be awesome to make art for different bands. I was attracted to the work of Storm Thorgerson, Michael Spencer Jones, and Hipgnosis. I especially liked the piece for Peter Gabriel that was comprised of 32 hand manipulated polaroids that showed how the artist selected the final one for the album. This was one of my top favorite things I experienced in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment